Thursday, March 19, 2015

Long Beach Day 3


Yesterday started off really well. We woke up really early, drove to a look out point, and tried to find whales. Grey whales are migrating back north right now and pass through Long Beach in March and April. We didn't see any though, but we might try again before we leave. Then we stopped in town for breakfast. We went to Laurie's Homestead Breakfast where the portions were laughably big. We took home three boxes of leftovers. The biscuit was so big it took up two boxes. Delicious! Then we went horseback riding! I tried to keep my cool so as not to be obnoxious or freak out my horse, but I was flipping out on the inside. It was so fun! We mainly walked. The wrangler let us trot for about 10 seconds, and that was terrifying. My horse's name was Gunner, Paul's was Earnhardt, and they are half brothers.    


For most of the rest of the day, I didn't feel too well. I had a headache and didn't really want to move at all. So we hung out in the hotel room for a little while. Then before sunset, Paul convinced me to come out and search for tidepools with him. 


We found a little blue shrimp as small as my pinkie finger nail!



I'm glad we went exploring. I think the fresh air helped my head a lot. Here's our little car on the beach! I'm not sure if this is true for all of Washington, but in Long Beach, people drive on the beach. In Oregon, at least where I've been to the beach, you can't do that, so it's been kind of bizarre to see. At any given point, you can see up to 20 cars just cruising along. A few days ago, we saw someone get pulled over, on the beach. And yesterday while horseback riding, we saw a guy, hanging on to the roof of the car while the car was driving, like the car was a boogie board. Very weird. After watching the sunset, Paul and I went out to the best Thai food of my life at this very cute little place in town, then for a cocktail at the restaurant in the hotel (whiskey, cranberries, lemon, and maple syrup), and then watched Friends and fell asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment