Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wildflower Festival


Today was the Wildflower Festival, which was held at Mt. Pisgah Arboretum. It rained most of the day, but that's Eugene for you! And I had promised Paul the day before that I would go no matter what, so we went. There was a main room with hundreds of examples of native wildflowers. There were craft stalls, food carts, and a stage where local folk bands played. And since it was held at Mt. Pisgah, we got to go hiking around the mountain as well. This cat skull was one of many skulls my friend Sam found on a bike ride recently, and I couldn't help but snap a picture when I was at her house. Cats have the cutest skulls! 


At all of these kinds of events, the Wildflower Festival, the Mushroom Festival, and home and garden conventions, Mountain Rose Herbs always has a booth set up. Although they ship internationally, they're a local company that sells dried herbs, essential oils, tea, and stuff like that. I've actually bought some great stuff from them before (grapeseed oil, tamanu oil, and lemongrass essential oil) to make my own natural moisturizer, which has completely cleared my skin. So I love their products, but the greatest part about them is when they show up at these events, they don't sell anything, they just give things away! Pens, pencils, stickers, herbs, just about everything! One time they gave me a whole cup of dried lavender that I used to make ice cream. Today they were giving away tote bags! For free! 



This was a short little post, but I really liked some of the pictures I got today, and I love blogging about Eugene things. And the Wildflower Festival is such a Eugene thing. It was a great way to spend a few hours. Now I'll get back to watching Buffy. I just finished season 5. If anyone wants to gush about Spike with me, hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment