Saturday, January 25, 2014

Spencer Butte Done Right


So far 2014 has been absolutely lovely. Paul and I have been waking up early everyday, doing yoga, and making smoothies. Who are we? I know the whole "new year, new you" thing is a total social construction, but man that stuff can be powerful. To go along with the "new us," Paul and I have been social recently. We have dinner with friends. We make plans. I had a girl's day where a friend and I went shopping and rented books from the library about taxidermy. And today we went hiking with the same group of friends we played king's cup with last night. It's almost as if Paul and I are normal 21-year-olds.   


Today we hiked Spencer Butte. The last time we did that, we did it wrong. We biked there, which is not wrong, because there is a nice path which exists that takes you all the way out there. We did not know this and instead biked up Willamette Street to get there, which goes straight uphill the entire time for 15 miles, meaning we walked our bikes uphill in the scorching summer heat for 15 miles, before we hiked up a giant mountain. At the end of the day I was impressed with the amount of abuse my body could take, but it was pretty awful. Today we drove and it was pretty wonderful. 


There were about 478473894392 people on the top of the butte today because it was so sunny you could wear a t-shirt in January on a mountain. I'm not sure what else 2014 has in store, but I like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment