Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Rewind


This year has been really good to me, and I thought I'd recap some of my favorite moments. In 2013 Paul and I fell even more in love with Eugene. Downtown was revitalized. Red Wagon opened a shop. We found new murals, and I don't think we ever missed a farmer's market.


In 2013 I turned 21. I got glasses. I fell in love with beer, and I learned how to make it. 


During spring break we went to the beach. I took a nap. And Paul turned me into art.


We went to Sasquatch, and I saw Andrew Bird. He was beautiful.


The weekend before I graduated we went camping at Crater Lake. It was my first time, and it was beautiful.


Speaking of graduating, I graduated college cum laude in three years with a major in Comparative Literature and minors in Spanish and Creative Writing with a focus on poetry. I'm pretty proud of that. 


In 2013 we adopted a feral kitten, named her Joey, and she changed our lives.


We took a road trip to San Francisco.


I saw a cow and was so happy.


In 2013 I found my calling. I started working in the Primate Osteology Lab. I spent a lot of time around bones. I applied to grad schools to get my PhD in Biological Anthropology. It was scary. But I also made some great pies.


This was a year of snow that Eugene didn't know what to do with.


And to top it off, I went to Mexico for the first time and saw lots of whales and it was the best thing ever. Yep. This year was pretty great. Top that, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment