Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pie and Bones


Today was a really interesting Sunday. Working at the primate osteology lab is full of surprises. We found out recently that a professor on campus who lives on a farm had a whole bunch of sheep bones for our lab's collection. So I enthusiastically volunteered to be one of the people to go out to the farm and dig through this professor's compost piles to find bones. It was really fun. And slightly gross. But I'm okay with slightly gross. And we found some cool bones in the process. I'm holding a mandible and Sam is holding a skull from maybe a goat but maybe a sheep. 


Sorry if contrasting dead stuff with pie is gross. But that's kind of my life right now. I spend almost everyday at the lab looking at bones, cleaning bones, putting fleshy bones in the crockpot and then cleaning said bones. It can get a little funky. But it's fun. Then I come home and I bake. And that's a typical day. This pie was a salty honey custard pie and it was one of the best things I've ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment