Friday, April 12, 2013

Penny Lane


I promise I haven't given up blogging, but the first two weeks of this term have taken me by surprise. I have homework, I had to buy my cap and gown a few days ago, and everything is going by so quickly that I haven't taken pictures of anything! But I am back. And some exciting things are happening.


Firstly, Paul and I have started quite the little urban farm around our flat. There are bunches of garlic, cilantro, lettuce, artichokes, and tomatoes on our roof top. And we have some pea plants that are already curling and grabbing for anything in reach. I also have some ceramic bunnies that I made last term that crack me up a little bit because they're so grumpy, so they are good friends for the pea plant.


We also started seed sprouts for cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, and basil in egg cartons and the cauliflower sprouted through the soil this morning! Paul also made this skateboard from scratch. But it's really a penny board because it's tiny. But to be honest it's even pretty tiny for a penny board. It's almost exactly the size of Paul's foot. I promise it looked prettier earlier, but within five minutes of riding it, he cracked it, glued it, and covered it in rubber bands. He's convinced it's wonderful. I'm glad he hasn't broken any bones. Yet.


I also dyed my hair! It's a nice penny color and perfect for spring. 


Life's been pretty good around here. The summer farmer's market started last week. Red Wagon and Party Cart open their downtown store in less than a month. Paul turns 21 in less than a month and we are going to Portland to do the BrewCycle. I am graduating really soon. I'm taking three Spanish classes this term and it's surprisingly not completely overwhelming. I have a penny colored head, and I can't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment