Saturday, February 23, 2013

Street Style


It was my 21st birthday on Thursday, and it was really fun. I think I'm officially an adult now! I've been thinking a lot recently about what makes me me. I like to make things for myself. As Ron Swanson recently said, "People who buy things are suckers." I like to cook and bake and eat things that I've made. I like practical clothes that I can ride my bike in. I don't mind wearing turtlenecks because they keep me warm. I don't like wearing a lot of makeup, but I love bright lipstick. I like my curly mohawk. And I really like my new glasses! 


For my birthday, Paul got me a pasta machine (which I am extremely excited about) and this t-shirt from Falling Sky. We went there on my birthday after my surrealist film class that ends at 10 pm. I got a free beer (Upside Down Brown Ale) and Paul and I shared a plate of poutine (french fries covered in gravy and cheese curds aka delicious). I guess the point of this post is to say that I don't really know what's in style, but I know what I like. I like that on this blog I can take pictures of my clothes and talk about my life. My friend Patty (who is fabulous) just started a street style blog at sprucenw.tumblr.com and I will be on it soon! I'm not sure if I would consider myself "stylish" per se, but I like what I like, and it's pretty cool when other people like it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment