Saturday, February 9, 2013

New Glasses


Yesterday, I got new glasses! They are actually bifocals. As it turns out, I'm cross eyed. I don't think it's visible, but pretty much my line of sight is pigeon toed, if that makes sense. These have a slight prescription for my astigmatism, but they are mainly corrective. Paul and I spent about an hour picking out frames. These were the first ones I tried on, and an hour later they were still the winners. 


I have other glasses. But they are very uncute, they aren't corrective, and the prescription is out of date. Since I'm graduating with a major in Comparative Literature, and minors in Spanish and Creative Writing, most of my classes in college have been very small (one time I had a three person class) and they're discussion based, so not being able to see the board hasn't been a problem because the board is never used in the first place. But I'm also a transcriber through the Accessible Education Center on campus, so I go and transcribe lectures for students, many of whom are hard of hearing, and I obviously don't choose what classes they take. So this term, because of work, I've been having to look at the board a lot and I just honestly can't read it. So bifocals save the day!


Paul and I kind of match now, which is fun. We bought tickets this morning to Sasquatch Music Festival, which happens over Memorial Day weekend, so that should be really fun. That's what I will use as motivation to get through all of my midterms. After this, it's just one more term until I graduate. Am I ready for the real world? I'm not sure, but at least I'll be able to see. 

1 comment:

  1. You surely chose a great-looking pair of bifocals! I think they’re the right shape and size to compliment your face. I love how you seem to be really enjoying your new glasses in your pictures. Maybe you should get a second pair just in case something happens to this one.

    -- Augusta Tippins

    ReplyDelete