Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weekending


I unexpectedly did not have to work this weekend, so Paul and I went to the farmer's market together this morning. There were some insanely gorgeous heirloom tomatoes on display, which was really great advertising. Everyone was oohing and awing and taking pictures, including me. Food is the best.


We took pictures today in my favorite alley. There is graffiti everywhere and there normally aren't very many people who pass through. That's good news for me, because I get really embarrassed when getting my picture taken in public. The graffiti ranges in style all down the alley, but one of my favorites is the giant face crying blood. I tried to channel him.


It ended up being a perfect weekend day. We woke up, went to the farmer's market, went to the grocery store to pick up some eggs, made zucchini cake, made polenta stuffed peppers, danced and sang, cleaned up a lot, and potted our new aloe vera plant that now lives in our bathroom. I named the plant Brutus, which Paul tells me is a terrible plant name, but I found the plant stall at the market, so I get to name the plant.

  
Tomorrow I think there is yoga, cleaning, and eating zucchini cake on our schedule. I am also making serious progress on my quilt and have already chosen the pattern for my next one. Being active and making things with my hands, be it cake or quilts, really makes me feel like me. It's pretty cool that Paul feels the same way. He's a pretty cool guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment