Saturday, September 22, 2012

Little Things


Today is the last Saturday Paul and I have before school starts. On Monday, I start my senior year of college and everything is already changing. It's suddenly cloudier and colder, which is my favorite kind of weather, but ask me again after ten months of it and I might answer differently.  I feel like everything in my life is going to get hectic pretty soon, so Paul and I took today to enjoy the calm before the storm. We found another part of the Our Streets Eugene project on the side of the local ballet studio. We posed by a newly painted green wall. We went to the farmer's market. It was good.


I'm still enjoying my shaved head. It's fascinating to watch it change everyday. I look a lot less bald than I did last week. Paul and I were looking at pictures of me with slightly longer hair from a few months ago and he told me that my hair looked like a curly octopus that died on my head. He assures me this is a good thing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one, but I'm liking it the way it is now. 


At a garage sale recently up in Portland, my mom found me a bunch of awesome treasures. She sent me her finds and now I have this pair of Michael Kors shoes and these new jeans. The shoes are much less comfortable more fancy than all of my other shoes. They might take a little getting used to. But the jeans are fabulous. They were too long, so this morning I hemmed them with pink thread to make them a little more fun. I love getting things from garage sales. I guess some people just don't realize how awesome their junk is.  I also like my bumblebee necklace. I got it at Costco a few years back, of all places. I don't wear it much because I prefer gold over silver, but it's pretty fun.


Speaking of things that are fun, Paul and I always have a good time doing jumping pictures. Also this is my 100th blog post, which is crazy to me! I'm not a blogger like the other kinds I see on the internet. I don't have scheduled posts or weekly features. I don't have a fancy camera, and I pretty much only post silly pictures of whatever I happen to do each day. But that's alright with me. And while I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for school to start, I'm enjoying the little things in the meantime.

1 comment: