Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dinner with Friends


Today was a great day. Yesterday was actually great, too. Paul and I put a bunch of things on craigslist, (old mini fridges, an old bed frame, a box of records, etc.) and ended up selling everything but a rug within a few hours! We didn't charge a lot for anything; we just wanted clutter out of our house. With all of the junk gone, we really went to town cleaning the whole house. It felt very freeing. I have so many clothes to give away that I just never wear. I organized my craft supplies. And Paul and I went through the back closet full of junk for the first time since we moved in a year and a half ago. It was awesome. Today was just as awesome, but in a different way. We took a long time getting out of bed and getting ready. It was kind of the opposite of how productive we were yesterday, but it was needed. The best part about today though, was going to dinner at PartyCart with friends.


Julie, who I'm standing next to in the picture, went to high school with Paul and I. She's super rad and has an infectious laugh. But she graduated a year before me, and then the next year I moved to Eugene, so I haven't seen her very much in the last couple of years. But Julie and her girlfriend Erica just moved to Eugene two days ago! And only about four blocks away! We had such a nice time at dinner. They're foodies just like Paul and I, so we figured PartyCart would be the best place to take them. Paul and I haven't been on a double date in forever and it was so fun. We ate yummy food and ice cream and laughed a lot. I brought my camera, but we were so busy chatting I forgot to take pictures of them until the very end when they were running to catch the bus. Welcome to Eugene Julie and Erica, we're glad to have you. Also, they brought us red velvet cayenne cupcakes, and anything that good gets a thumbs up from me.   

1 comment:

  1. LOVING your kitschy, colorful blog and photos! :D Gonna scroll through the archives for more.

    ReplyDelete