Sunday, August 5, 2012

Even Shorter Hair


My hair has been driving me crazy as of late. Its curly ends have minds of their own and it was getting a little too long. So earlier this week I chopped it off. I am a happy lady. Yesterday it got over 100 degrees (terrible, terrible, terrible) and I was thankful to have so few hairs on my head. I worked long hours the past two days in the heat, so today Paul and I are taking it easy with my new mohawk.


Today we went to see Beasts of the Southern Wild, and I would highly recommend it. However, after coming out of the air conditioned movie theater and into awful, humid heat, I plan on spending the rest of my day drinking cold coffee and trying not to scratch my bug bites. Paul is currently napping. It's that kind of day. I have the next few days off on account of it being miserable outside and I want to do as little as possible. It's actually kind of funny. For a Northwest girl like me, clouds, scarves, pine trees, and occasional rain showers are nothing new. In fact, I enjoy these things, but after 10 months of them, I wish for nothing but heat. That's when August rears its ugly head and reaches 100 degrees, making me want to cry and wanting my rain and scarves back again. It's a cruel cycle. In a month or two, this will all be gone and it will be back to biking in cold weather. At least I have a mohawk.

2 comments:

  1. I've been so out of it with checking up on my favorite blogs lately - so I'm just now seeing your amazing haircut. It is SO cute/incredibly stylin. I love it.

    I can't wait to see Beasts of the Southern Wild either. Ever since seeing the trailer, it's been on my need to see list.

    ReplyDelete