Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Arts and Crafts


I haven't posted much recently because there hasn't been that much to blog about. I've been working, but in the meantime Paul and I have been staying home and really getting our house in order. We've been organizing, cleaning, and getting everything in tip top shape before school and normal schedules start taking up too much time. We have been crafting a lot though, spurred on by our art supplies shopping spree in Portland last week. I painted this funny heirloom tomato in a cup for my aunt, and for someone who normally sticks with portraits, I think it came out fairly good for my first real still life. 


Paul and I have also made progress on our pastel wall. We are putting everything we make up on the wall, no matter what. I can't wait until the whole wall is filled; pastel are fun (also messy).


Tomorrow we are leaving for about a week to go to San Francisco! My uncle is getting married and all of my family is in town, so we're road tripping down to California. I'm excited to try out new restaurants and get to wear sweaters; San Francisco should be foggy and chilly, a welcome change from this squint inducing sun we've had in Eugene. Despite how I feel about summer weather, life has been good lately. I'm scooping ice cream and finally getting good at it. I'm eating well. I'm getting rid of junk I don't need. I'm crafting whenever I feel like it. I'm going on vacation. And I'm still loving my little curly mohawk, so yes, life has been pretty darn good.

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over your hair. It's so freaking awesome. And it seems like it suits you so well (at least from what I have deduced of your coolness on this blog). It does seem like life has been pretty darn good for you lately. I love the idea of your pastel wall.

    ReplyDelete