Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day


Today is the Fourth of July, but I'm not really that excited about it. There are some events going on in a local park, some concerts and fireworks, but you have to pay to get in and I'm stingy and would rather spend my money on fancy food than sitting in the chilly Oregon evening watching things blow up. Nevertheless I am excited today, but it's because Paul came home! He's been gone about six and a half of the last seven days but now he's back. We have a tradition that when either one of us leaves town, the other one will pick them up at the train station with a Voodoo Doughnut. Paul is always the one picking me up, so it was good to surprise him with treats and I went a little crazy. We started with a nice appetizer of a mini M&M doughnut. It was tasty. We finished that one pretty quick.


Then came the giant peach fritter. It was larger than my face. We did not finish that one. In fact we still have not finished that one. It is currently sitting on the table, half eaten, but I'm sure we will go back to it soon. Paul surprised me with this adorable book. He actually ordered it for me from a local bookstore for Valentine's Day, but they never could get it in stock, and after two months gave him a refund. While he was in Portland he found it again, so Happy Fourth of July to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment