Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Market


Here in Eugene we can't get enough of fresh vegetables. We have farmer's markets every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I felt too sick to go on Saturday, so Paul and I went today to get our food for the week. It was a nice blustery, not too hot kind of day. There were farmers selling all kinds of berries and this is the first week that cherries have been in season, so we were pretty excited. This bird was hanging out and eating bugs. He was pretty excited too.


Paul and I made off with lots of snacks. We got baby carrots, cucumbers, cherries, and snap peas to snack on. You can't really go wrong with that. These past few weeks have been crazy and it's just starting to finally slow down. It's perfect time for crunching on veggies. I've never spent the summer in Eugene before, so I'm hoping to go camping, go to the river, take some yoga, and hopefully not fry in the sun.


Since we were at the market, Paul and I couldn't pass up some Red Wagon Creamery. I am a very lucky girl to now be spending so much time around so much good ice cream. Today we got brown sugar buttermilk strawberry with a scoop of chocolate courtesy of Stuart and Emily. They take care of me and give me the goods. Tomorrow I have my first day of riding the tricycle around Eugene and selling popsicles and ice cream sandwiches. It's supposed to be in the high seventies and I hope to sell a lot! I don't really know where I'll bike around and whether I'll let people come to me or if I'll stop somewhere every few minutes. It should take a little while getting used to, but it's going to be really fun.

3 comments: