Saturday, June 30, 2012

Breakfast


I have been back on my bike the last few days, just little trips. My bike is not too banged up and I'm not too banged up. My bruises are fading a little and even though I'm still sore I've needed to get out. I've been a restless crazy person watching Twin Peaks on Netflix like there's no tomorrow. 


This is my angry stance against cars. I'm not taking any more of their crap! Since I've been back on my bike, I've had a few more run ins. It's getting extremely annoying. Like the other day I had the green light and the cars on the other side turning left had a sign that said they could turn after they yielded to oncoming traffic. So there I am, going straight, and a car tries to pull a fast one and turn in front of me, hoping they were going fast enough that they would miss hitting me. Seriously people, I'm over it. I'm just a girl on a cute bike wearing my cute helmet and I don't want to die! 


This morning Paul and I woke up early and hungry. I checked the PartyCart brunch menu on Facebook and got really excited, so Paul and I got our bikes and were out of the door by 8:30. I got to wear my handmade elf hat, since it was a little chilly, which always makes my day. I'm not exactly sure what my style is. I like to think of my wardrobe as "adventure clothes." I have things that I would feel comfortable going to dinner in, but could go on a hike in the next day. I like handmade things. I like knitted hats and sewing pants into shorts. I like color. I like stripes. I like stripes a lot. Paul says he doesn't know what fashion trends I follow, but it's a good one all my own. The last time I tried to wear this vest out in public, he told me I looked like a storm trooper going to prom. I don't know quite what that means, but I like it.


We had the best breakfast ever. The PartyCart never ever disappoints. For starters we had mozzarella risotto cakes covered in hazelnut pesto. They were obviously to die for. Pesto is good on anything and everything, especially if it's made with hazelnuts. Then for the main course we had scrambled eggs. These were no normal scrambled eggs. They had beet greens, roasted pumpkin seeds, queso fresco, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and wild rice mixed in. It was insane. It was divine. My taste buds died and went to heaven. 

  
On most days, Red Wagon has their shop set up by the PartyCart, and now there is another food cart there as well! It's a real party! It's called Clementine Coffee and it's run by two awesome ladies who make awesome coffees. For a treat Paul and I split a cold brew hazelnut milk mocha. It was ridiculous. It was strong and sweet and creamy and I told them it was everything good in the world. Paul and I biked home, signed up for classes at our local yoga studio, made olive oil sea salt brownies, and did the dishes while singing along to all our favorite songs. It's only 1:30 and it's already been a great day. Now the day is going to get less great because at 2:30 Paul's taking the train to Portland until the fourth of July. But he'll be back soon enough. In the meantime my parents are coming to visit and I'll be watching a lot more Netflix.


And here's a picture of my funny guy in the PartCart tent with the pretty bunch of flowers. Paul said he had his zebra stripes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment