Monday, April 2, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things


The past two days have been flat out lovely. Yesterday Paul and I ate some vegetables, one of my favorite things to do. We had leeks and turnips and yams and cauliflower all roasted with garlic. Garlic is another favorite thing of mine, especially roasted garlic. I loved the colors of the vegetables, like the purple turnips! It looks like they'd been hand painted.


We put an fried egg on top of the veggies because fried eggs are the best. One time during an ice breaker game we all had to say our favorite foods. I answered with "fried eggs on top of anything." Also these flowers are finally starting to bloom. Paul and I practically never water them and I'm so surprised they're not dead. In fact I thought they were dead, but then they started flowering, so that's good news! I'm not a plant killer!


Today was the first day of spring term. It was practically perfect. Classes went well, I got more hours at work which is good for being able to pay rent, and it was sunny! Sunny and in the sixties! I wore a t-shirt all day. No jacket. No gloves. Just plain old sitting in the grass between classes with no sleeves. It seriously can't get better. At this point, the next time it rains (which knowing Eugene will probably be tomorrow) I will cry. 


I was in such a good mood, I even let Paul sit on our roof for pictures. I never do that. Ever. Tonight I want to make really unhealthy macaroni and cheese and eat more cherry cupcakes. I can do whatever I want! I am on top of the world! I even wore stripes and polka dots today, at the same time. It can be done, only when it's sunny like this though. These past few days have been great and I hope it can be summery like this for the rest of the term. I also hope that my professors never assign me homework ever. We'll see how that goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Reading your Blog has become one of my favorite things to do !

    ReplyDelete