Friday, January 27, 2012

Thunder Egg


Our landlord has chickens in her backyard, so we always have access to fresh eggs. I will never go back to normal eggs. Not only do I know that these come from happy chickens, but they taste like butter. You can't really beat that. Today we got thunder eggs. They are huge, verging on tennis ball sized. They are huge to the point that the egg carton won't even close. 

  
It may seem silly to get excited over eggs, but this made my day. Giant eggs from happy, happy chickens make me anxious to have a backyard of my own. Paul and I fried two of these eggs this morning and put them on leftover African peanut stew for breakfast. We have no real plans for today other than watching Lost and maybe making more pumpkin pie. I am a lucky lady.  

No comments:

Post a Comment