Friday, January 20, 2012

Rainy Days

We have been having some crazy torrential rains that have kept me indoors and not blogging this week. It has been rather terrible, wet, and not my favorite weather to bike to school in. Paul and I have been watching lots of Lost (I know I'm eons behind), making some of our favorite foods, and generally just being homebodies. We did make some delicious cupcakes yesterday. I call them Nutmeg-fetti Cupcakes with Honey Peanut Glaze.  


I got the basic recipe from here and put my own little twist on it. I used brown sugar instead of white, because it tastes better. I added nutmeg to the batter, and used hazelnut milk instead of normal milk. For the frosting I mixed honey, peanut butter, powdered sugar and hazelnut milk together until it looked like pecan pie filling (dark, glossy, and a little transparent). Paul didn't think they were very pretty cupcakes at first, and admittedly they do have a dull exterior. But then you bite in and see the sprinkles, and nobody can resist that!



As I was taking pictures of my cupcakes, I saw these paintings Paul and I did, and thought I would share them, too. One night last year, I had some extra little canvases hanging around, and Paul and I decided to paint each other. Pretty good likenesses, huh? We have them leaning against the window frame in the dining room and they protect us from any crazies walking around the streets of downtown Eugene (at least, that's what I keep telling myself). 

No comments:

Post a Comment