Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dr. Seuss Malted Cookies


Despite our smiles in these pictures, today was miserable. It rained the entire day. In Oregon it always "rains" but it really just sprinkles. Today was real-life rain. And I was very wet. 


But luckily for me, my amazing aunt posted these divine looking cookies this morning on her blog. So all day, although I was very wet, I knew I could forward to baking these tonight. 


And then a miracle occurred. As soon as Paul and I stepped outside to run to the grocery store to get the Whoppers, it stopped raining! I celebrated this with several silly pictures and life was restored once again.


These cookies are thin and chewy and crispy and taste like everything good in the world. When they were stacked, Paul thought they looked like tree trunks right out of a Dr. Seuss book. I will have to work hard to make these cookies last more than a day or two. It's quite the dilemma actually: Paul and I could eat them all now and be happy forever, or we could eat just a few now and have some more tomorrow. However our bellies tonight might not want to share with our bellies tomorrow. I guess it's a good problem to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment